If you are between 18-29 years old, you can get up to $5,000.00 and professional mentoring to start or expand a business in Ontario.
HOW IT WORKS
Through the program, you can get:
- one on one guidance from a Small Business Enterprise Centre advisor
- free business training
- mentoring with a local successful entrepreneur
- access to business workshops on topics from writing a business plan and budgeting, to executing a marketing campaign
- funding of up to $5,000.00
- experience running a business that will better position you to obtain more traditional financing, such as a bank loan.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
You can apply if you are:
- an Ontario resident aged 18-29
- not attending school full time
If you are on social assistance (Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program) you can still apply to the program. Payments from the program may be exempt as income and assets under social assistance, so your monthly social assistance payment may not be affected.
Call your local Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program office for more information.
To qualify for funding of up to $5,000.00, you need to be able to contribute at least 25% (in cash or in kind) of the grant amount.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply at any time.
You need to apply through our Centre.